Saturday

A Quiet Voice

"When life is heavy and hard to take,

go of by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions."
-Lamentations 3:28-29

I've never really considered not asking questions when I talk to God. I'm always asking, "What should I do?" or "Why did this happen?" and "When will this happen and why hasn't it happened yet?" 
Silence itself is incredibly difficult to first discover and then endure in our bustling lives. The whole concept of "locking yourself in the closet and shutting the door" seems ridiculous, with cell phones ringing constantly, your family demanding things from you, your work taking priority over the possibility of silence. And if you actually motivate yourself to sit in that silence, you might be so used to the noise of your life that you find yourself uncomfortable. The few times I've tried this I suddenly realized I was making sound myself, clicking my nails or signing loudly. And my thoughts, first so centered on listening, quickly wandered to what I was planning on doing when this little session of silence was over. 
Elijah heard God's voice not in a massive fire, or raging storm, like the people expected, but in a soft, quiet voice. Listen to God today, don't question Him who knows exactly everything He is doing in your life and why. 

Blessings

Posted by Erinn Waldo