Wednesday

Bankrupt

Well, I am sure most have heard a bit about Wall Street this week. Lehman, Merrill, AIG and others are "in the news." I am assuming you lost some wealth. Doesn't it irritate you that other people caused you to lose money?

As I think about bankruptcy and about one agency trying to prop up another I think I am glad I am a Christian. Not because I can rest in Christ and not worry about money but because I know I am bankrupt. Propping up what is dead and making it look alive is not helpful. We are dead in our sins and trespasses.

Bankrupt. And it is good to know that. Not just before we were saved but even now. Yes, we have the Spirit at work, but we are still poor and needy.

So, as you view your 401k report, can I encourage you and me to thank God for the work of Christ?

The market, by the way, will bounce back at some time. That is a discussion, though, for another post. Blessings