Thursday

Mick Jagger and Time

Mick Jagger said it:

"Time is on my side, yes it is;
Time is on my side, yes it is..."

Do you feel that way? I often feel like time is not on my side. Too much to do, too little time. I get overwhelmed with all the things I need to do. I have two books I am currently trying to read. One is "The Underachiever's Manifesto" and the second is "The Four Hour Work Week". Maybe I will get some ideas on how to do less and get more. I just need to find time to read them.

Now, I do have time to listen to Mick, and as he sings on, he changes my perspective:

"Now you always say that you want to be free
But you'll come running back (said you would baby)
You'll come running back (I said so many times before)
You'll come running back to me.
You're searching for good times, but just wait and see
You'll come running back....."

Sounds like something Jesus might say (except the "baby" part).

Point one: Time is on His side and He will nudge us to come running back. He has said it over and over. He is patient.

Point two: We want to be 'free' so we pursue excitement as opposed to resting in our servanthood. We feel we need to get alot done instead of living simply and serving gently.

It is easy for me to get in that cycle of trying to find affection, affirmation and ego nourishment in what I do. What is the answer here? What do we need to know? We need to know where real love comes from.

Mick suggests this, "Cause I got the real love, kind that you need...." Agreed.

He has the real love. Jesus, not Mick.

So, how about this? Confess you have looked for love elsewhere and sit at His feet today for a few minutes. Then, take something off your calendar or say "No" to the next request you get. Pray for me that I will too. Worship Well.