Thursday

Stand up straight!

I am the first to admit I have poor posture. My mom would often say, "Stand up straight!" I slouch, I slump. My family has a history of older hunch backed people.

When I think about it, I can stand up straight. But I need to think and remember that good posture is important. Especially when we pray.

Flash back to this morning: I hate to admit it had been a while since I had been on my knees to pray. I find a "good sit" works. But Larry "forced" us there this morning and it was good. Prayer posture is important. God is holy and He does not like us "lounging around" in a casual way talking to Him like we would a buddy on the street corner. God is holy and when we enter in to pray I think it is a good reminder for me to be a bit reverential.

Posture is helpful to that end. Kneeling is good. Sitting with both legs down on the floor (legs uncrossed is good). Prostrate on the ground is good. Standing (with good posture is good).

So I encourage you to think about posture today as you pray. And, as you and I do, lets also think of the posture of our hearts: humble not proud, bowing low in reverence, kind of like the man at the back of the sanctuary beating his breast.

He is worthy. Worship Him well today!