Monday

From a friend

My good friend Andy Fambrough sent this to me today. Sweet insight I thought. Take a read. And by the way, if you are a female in need of talking to someone who is wise; she is a great choice.

"These days I have to work a lot harder at staying healthy physically because of my age. It takes a lot of work to eat low fat, exercise regularly and take all the appropriate supplements. When I consider how much time and money I spend on these things I recognize that I do them because I have a longing. That longing is to stay healthy and finish the time I have left on this earth productively running the race glorifying my savior. With my long back ground in health care, emphasis on good self- care is part of who I am.
I have another longing that is also part of who I am. It is an insatiable hunger for intimacy with God that is not so easily satisfied by the things I do. Thankfully, there is Someone who is much more capable and desirous to continually feed my need. It is a good longing because it has caused me to take a deeper look at my routine for “soul care.” What I do know is that God and I have the same goal and it is to love Him with all my heart, soul and strength. Just as I have a part in physical self- care, I also have my part in keeping my soul healthy. What God has brought to the table all these years has fueled the flames for a stronger connection and receptivity to Him.
So where do I go from here? I’m not sure but I am open and listening. At communion service last night, the message was simple but not simplistic. I heard a distinct challenge to pray and ask and He will show me."

“A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul.” Proverbs 13:19