Thursday

The Airport

I love airports. I like the hustle and bustle. As I kid, and even now, I am amazed that airplanes fly. Tons of "steel and people" taking off, and defying the natural law of gravity. I know there is a scientific explanation, but still, to watch it is amazing. Something is taking those people up in the air, propelling them to do what is not natural.

I also like to come to airports to watch people. Old, young, rich, poor, kids, parents. All of them have one thing in common: They are leaving some thing and going to some thing.

Kids going to visit grandma, soldiers leaving home to go to war, men leaving families to go to work...or better yet men leaving work to go home. Even I am leaving something this week to go to something. I and over a hundred other people from Perimeter are going on mission trips this week. Thailand, Tanzania, Guatemala, India and England.

How about you? Are you going to something and and leaving something this week? Let me encourage you with this: as you worship this weekend, you are going to something. You are going to Christ.

What are you leaving? The old man. That part of your nature that has been trying to control you all week long, to get you to do the things you really don't want to do. You are leaving him as you go to worship. You are running to Jesus.


By the way, those of us traveling know we have severe luggage restrictions. 2 bags 50 lbs. You? As you come to worship there are no restrictions. As many bags as you want. Bags, full of your junk, your stuff, your sin. Bring them with you, He will deal with them as you come. That defies the natural law. Worship Well.