Saturday

Mick Jagger, Is time on his side?

The Rolling Stones said it,

"Time is on my side, yes it is.....
Now you always say that you want to be free,
But you' ll come running back to me...."

"Go ahead, go ahead and light up the town,
Do everything your heart desires,
Remember, I'll always be around,
Like I told you so many times before,
You're gonna come back,
Knocking right on my door....."

Then this:

"Well, time is on my side, yes it is,
Time is on my side, yes it is,
Cause I got the real love the kind that you need......
You'll come running back ..."


I am helping facilitate worship tonight. How do you open a service after the week that was? Our opening song is Everlasting God. I have been thinking about the lyrics, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord..." As I was mowing the lawn I thought, "That is it. Wait upon the Lord." That is exactly what I do not want to do, but that is it.

As we wait, (what else can we really do?) He will stengthen us. It sounds anti- American. We hate to wait! But we are called to be followers of the One who leads. When He moves, we can. Israelites in the desert. Jesus and the disciples. Holy Spirit at Pentecost. When He moves, we can. You know the story when you get fidgety and want to jump ahead, or you get angry and frustrated because He is not.

So, I am encouraging us to wait upon the Lord and to stay busy with what we have to do. He will not answer all the questions. Not now. Maybe never. But you can wait, time is His and it is on our side. So if you left looking for another God this week...come running back, knock on the door. He has the kind of love you need. Worship Well.