Monday

Yesterday was my Birthday

Paul Simon said it well.

"Yesterday it was my birthday,
I hung one more year on the line,
I should be depressed,
My life’s a mess,
But I’m having a good time"

I like that thinking, even though I do not agree with every philosophical insight Mr Simon has. But a good way to look at life is to know you are getting older, and older is better. I do not say that because of me, but because I see people older then me who have wisdom, joy, deepness and a sense of eternal in their lives. They should be depressed by the world's criteria, but they are having a good time in Christ.

Secondly, lets admit we are messy. Jesus loves us and we are trying. And we may do better if we adopt an attitude of having a good time in the kingdom. Jesus has come and conquered. He will come again. Why so downcast O my soul? Put your hope in God. Don't be depressed at age or because of other things. Be joyful!

Lastly, Mr Simon, later in this song, encourages us to "not worry and not scurry." Have a good time. Maybe by sitting at the feet of Jesus.

I am sure some of you may be having terrible weeks, and we grieve with you. We pray Jesus will be real to you and that He will comfort you. Doing it yourself is impossible. Only Jesus can re- frame your heart and emotions. Blessings