Wednesday

I saw it before?

We watched a movie last night. As it got to the end, I looked at Dorothy and said, "Hey we have seen this before. I remember the ending." Sad to say I had forgotten the beginning.

As I began to read through the bible again I came across this:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

We could spend a long time thinking about that. In the beginning; God; created; formless; darkness; Spirit of God; hovering. Every word has deep meaning and significance to our lives. There is a ton of theology, a vast amount of deity and an amazing amount of love in those two sentences.

I do not know if you believe it to be true. Maybe you are not sure if He created. It is worth pondering I think, not that anyone can "prove it scientifically." That is why we call it faith. We think revelation triumphs over reason and epistemologically that we know spiritual things because of the Spirit, not because of rational deduction.

(Sorry for the philosophical moment) Anyway, I was really impacted as I read this. I think maybe my mind had "forgotten": God, created, formless, darkness, Spirit of God, hovering. That is why we re-read the bible; because we forget. So today I am reminded:

God created. What a wonderful act of love
We were formless and were in darkness. What a desparate condition we were in.
The Spirit did, is and will hover over us. He will never forget His grand creation because he created it for His glory. What a beautiful act of our Father.

As we worship this weekend, I encourage you to read and remember the beginning. It will help reassure you that you know the end.