Sunday

From the inside out

I love the Hillsong movement for their music. It seems to me God is doing something through it. "Everlasting Your light will shine when all else fades. Neverending, Your glory goes beyond all fame" then this........, "And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise." I think that really is true for the believer. We want to bring Him praise because we see how worthy He is of it.

The challenge is that it seems like work sometimes. It wars against what we want to do in, of, and for ourselves. I would love to tell you there is a magic pill you can take once a day and you will be a fully devoted follower of Jesus, but that is not the way it is. No magic pill.

What I can say is there is me...and you....and others and God uses us to encourage one another, spur one another on to love. That too can be hard sometimes, just to be around other people. You would like to think you would get help, but sometimes they are messy too and it actually ends up costing you a bit.

Maybe this will help. Being around messy people that cost you something is good AND you really need to find some people who are just good to be around. I have some friends like that. People who encourage and are not needy. They can just love on me because they do not need anything from me. They can just serve and not want to be served. That is a model from Jesus that I need sometimes because I really do want to worship Him well and bring Him praise, from the inside out. Blessings