Thursday

More on Persecution

Well persecution is on my mind now. Here is an exercise for me (and maybe you)

Have you ever been falsely accused or had your character attacked in an inappropriate way? Have you ever felt like you have been more then misunderstood, actually maligned? How about people making false statements about you and gossiping behind your back?

Have you ever been persecuted by those in your family, or circle of "friends" or even people who are in the same community you are in? Felt left out, belittled, rejected, abused, scorned, shunned or otherwise unloved?

Alot of questions. Hard ones. Here is a harder one. Ask yourself if you have ever done those things to someone else.

Now the most challenging. Think of Jesus, and you, and me and this topic of persecution.

I am thinking I need to pray, and repent and move towards justice and wrestle with forgiveness. As we approach Thanksgiving weekend, I want to encourage us to be thankful we have a savior who was persecuted and who forgives and who is just. Blessings.