Friday

Let Me In

I am sure it has happened to you. You are on the highway. You need to move over a lane, but traffic is heavy. If it is moving fast, it is scary to try and scoot over. If it is backed up, you need to somehow signal to the driver in the other lane that you want come into his lane because if you change before he lets you, it will cause an accident.

Now, I don’t know how it works for you, but sometimes the driver in the other lane is “less than friendly”; he does not let me in. It makes me a bit mad, but I have to admit and repent. From time to time, I have not let a driver in front of me. Especially, if it is one of those situations where we have all been waiting in line, and he has “cut to the front.” I know I should have more grace, but that is not the point of this story.

Last month I was driving in a caravan that included my wife and my daughter. Whenever we would get in a situation that required changing lanes, I could always count on them to know that I needed to change and to let me in - every time. There was no blinker necessary. They did not begrudge it, and often they slowed down so I could scoot in front of them. It was beautiful. I don’t know if you have experienced that, but it makes driving wonderful, especially on Georgia highways.

So here is the deal. We are in a caravan. All of us who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are in a triumphal procession. Look to your left and right. Now look behind you. Is there anyone around you who needs to be let into the caravan? They may not have their turn signal on, but you know the road is narrowing ahead. Perhaps you will have to slow down for a bit, glance over and “wave them in”, so they can get ahead of you and feel the pleasure of riding with the team.

Do you see someone with a flat tire? What can you do? Stop, help, and give a little encouragement. It will take some time, but remember that Good Samaritan story. Jesus stopped for you, and He continues to pull you out of the ditch and set you on the high road. He calls us to do unto others as He has unto us.

I don’t know where you are today. Maybe you need someone to let you into the caravan. We would love to do that. Contact us. There is no blinker necessary. Worship Well.