Tuesday

Do Not Be Afraid

The phrase "Do not be afraid" is the most repeated phrase within the Bible. For many of the things we are afraid of, we barely realize our fear at all. Listening to the sermon Sunday, I realized that a lot of my fear lies in approval; I'm terrified of what will happen if I say or do the wrong thing, and people will look down on me. 

Now that's just silly. Plus pretty selfish, if you look at it closely. 
God calls us not to be afraid of the trials we face. For as Christians, our lives do not become easier. He calls us not to be afraid if something impossible stands in our way, since as He has proved in the past, nothing is impossible with God. Fear is truly distrusting God's sovereignty, while meanwhile He knows exactly the meaning of every minute of your life.  

 2 When you pass through the waters, 
       I will be with you; 
       and when you pass through the rivers, 
       they will not sweep over you. 
       When you walk through the fire, 
       you will not be burned; 
       the flames will not set you ablaze.

                             Isaiah 43: 2

Blessings.

Posted by Erinn Waldo