Sunday

Suffering Done

As I have reflected on suffering from the recent sermon series at Perimeter, I have really been moved to think about how I can spend less energy avoiding it or being angry about it and more energy seeing it as God's plan. Some of you may wrestle with it as I do.


I am sure none of us would say, "Let's go get suffering!" unless, as Randy taught, we knew it was designed to improve our position. Suffering is not a set back. It may be a "Sit down, I have something to say to you!" but it is designed to move us forward and rescue us from ourselves.

That is very contrary to the way of the world. It is a distinctive of our religion. As I gave the benediction this week, I asked that God would give us good memories. Suffering will happen tomorrow for many of us. It may just be that we can not get gas for our car, or it may be the loss of a loved one. It will come. So,  I will be a bit repetitive and ask that God give us a good memory. To remember He loves us, He has a plan for us and He wants us to become like Him by His power. Blessings!