Monday

A Picture

I had a woman from a magazine come by and take my picture today. It is a local monthly magazine that is looking for a spiritual column writer and they asked me if I would contribute. I will let you know when it is in print. That is not the point of this blog.

We had sent her a mug shot of me. Not good enough. Then one of our staff took a picture of me and sent it to her. Not good enough. I was getting a bit insecure now, my face is my face! So the owner of the magazine came out to take my picture. She insisted we go outside by the lake because of the sunlight. She took the picture and liked it. Go figure.

As I thought about it on the way home I thought, "It is her magazine, she can demand whatever she wants for picture quality." She is the owner.

Now she could have said, "Never mind you all are incompetent in taking pictures, how could this guy be a good writer?" But she did not. She came to do the work herself. She knew we would not meet her expectation. That is good. For Someone to say, "I will just go and do it myself" and then do it is great. I need people like that in my life. I need a God like that. He just came and did it, because we could not.

And as Randy often says, He left behind the picture. Blessings!