Wednesday

Liturgy December 09, 2007

Call to Worship
Thus says the Lord,
I will lead the blind by a road they do not know,
by the paths they have not known I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I will do and I will not forsake them.
(Isaiah 42:16, NRSV)

Invocation

Lord, we ask that you will come
and do that now as we come to worship You.
We come blind and in the dark and unleveled in our souls.
We are trusting that you will not forsake us,
but that you will come and help us to worship you. Amen.

Responsive Reading
O send out your light and your truth;

let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.
Then we will go to the altar of God, to God, our exceeding joy;

and we will praise you with the harp, O God, our God.
Why are you cast down, O my soul,

and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. Amen.
(from Psalm 43:3-5, The Worship Sourcebook p. 427, 5)