Thursday

Thanks To From Him

This is the day we give it. As I woke up this morning I started to think of what and who I was thankful for. My guess is the people and things I am grateful for are similar to yours. Overall, those of us who are Christ followers would say that we are thankful to God, from whom all blessings flow. Amen.

I got to thinking about my ability to give thanks. Why am I able to give thanks? In the natural man, I am selfish and very ungrateful. I might express a form of utilitarian gratitude from time to time, but not Godly gratitude.

God implanted true gratitude in us when the Holy Spirit took up residence. We are thankful, we are grateful for Him because the ability to be thankful comes from Him.

Even our thankfulness comes from Him!

I know that is a bit circular and maybe even confusing. I am not sure I understand it myself, but I do know all good things come from Him and He enables me more than I know to do good things, think good thoughts and be thankful.Thanks be to Him.