Thursday

Don't Lose Heart

"We are to be light."

It was a good answer to a question asked by a father at 7a just after he read the morning bible passage. The question was: "What did you hear as I read?"

2 Corinthians 4:1-6 is full of heart gripping phrases and words. "We do not lose heart" "through God's mercy we have this ministry" "we have renounced secret and shameful ways" "setting forth the truth plainly" "we do not preach ourselves." If you have not been in the bible today, I encourage you to take a look at it.

God made His light shine in our hearts. Why? To give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God. In what? The face of Christ. Jesus is the light, and not only that, He is our light. He is the One through whom we see and through whom warmth comes. He fills us with light of knowledge of His glory.

As I am starting my day, and thinking about a myriad of problems that await me, I am deciding to not lose heart. It is because of God's mercy and light that there is anything before any of us today. Anything to do at all. It could be a big nothing or worse.

I encourage us to go out, renouncing secret and shameful ways and not preach ourselves, but Jesus, and us as servants. Even if the god of this age has blinded the minds of some, we are still called to serve and shine in His name. Amen.