Monday

Liturgy October 21, 2007

Call to Worship
Psalm 63:1-5
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek You;
my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen You in the sanctuary
and beheld Your power and Your glory.
Because Your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live,
and in Your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise You.

Confession
I am not worthy, holy Lord,
That thou shouldst come to me;
Speak but the word, one gracious word
‘twill set this sinner free.

I am not worthy; cold and bare
Is the lodging called my soul;
How can you dare to enter there?
Lord, speak, and make me whole.

I am not worthy; yet, my God,
How can I say thee “Nay!”;
Thee, who didst give thy flesh and blood
My ransom-price to pay?

O come, in this sweet and beautiful hour
Feed me with food divine;
Fill, with all thy love and power,
This worthless heart of mine.

Words: Henry Williams Baker 1875 as adapted RJS