Tuesday

Complete this sentence

I had the pleasure of spending time with a group today who know each other well. This well: One person could begin a sentence and not have to finish it. Notice I did not say another person finished it for them. Everyone knew what they were going to say. Not every sentence. Not all the time, but enough to make me think, "This is a high functioning, close knit group."

Now you might think that "group think" would set in to a group like this. I did not detect it. Healthy debate and differences of opinion were aired. Decisions were made and changed. Good stuff.

Have you ever been in a group like that? College fraternity, men's discipleship group, your family? It is sweet when it happens and it is a glimpse of the Trinity. Three in one, The Godhead. The Spirit never speaks, the Father creates and Jesus is the Word. Unity, of one accord.

Question: What does it take to get there? I can't remember where I heard it but it is by "Forming, storming, norming and performing"

The disciples had to go through it. The early church. The old testament patriarchs. No easy shortcut.

So, if you are in, I encourage you to stay in. Even when people are a pain. If you are not in a group like that, I encourage you to keep looking. It is worth the price of admission. Worship Well.