Wednesday

Missing Link

Our young dog has a choker chain. She needs it. We need it. Yesterday when "someone" took it off of her, they lost the key link, one that hooks it together, kind of like a clasp for a necklace. (By the way "someone" has a long history of this type of activity in our house. If I ever catch him or her, I will ask how he or she could have lost so many things)

Anyway, we took Millie on a walk this morning sans choker chain. It was ugly. Because she did not have the "pressure" of the chain, she was free to act more like...more like a dog. And she did. My vocal commands did a modest amount of good, combined with a tug on the leash, but I was much less effective without the law. Did I say "law?"

The law is useful to us. We need the "pressure" of it, knowing we can not fully comply, but it does act as a restraint and, it does promote good behavior.

So my arm was sore at the end of the walk. I am thinking God's arm is not too short and He has a better plan, the law is always on us and we are free in Christ from the power of it. Free to struggle towards good things. Freedom. A good thing to celebrate today.