Monday

Reciting

Helen Reddy sang, "I Am Woman." It was an anthem in the seventies.

"I am woman, hear me roar, In numbers too big to ignore, And I know too much to go back and pretend. 'cause I've heard it all before and I've been down there on the floor, no one's ever gonna keep me down again..."

I think there is something good about powerful women. Godly women. Women who can first say, "I am Christian" and then "I am Woman"

In our culture how do we promote healthy womanhood? Dangerous question for a man to ask. I do not know many of the ways, but one is to not hinder them as they glorify God with the gifts he has given them. I saw such a way tonight.

The next two evenings will be a joy at Perimeter. Over 190 young ladies will take to the stage and dance before the Lord. I saw the run through tonight and it is amazing. Very young girls and girls about to go to college. Blond, brunette, short, tall, white, brown all dancing with joy.

The finale is "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. If you read this before Wednesday and can come just for that it would be worth the trip. I can not fully describe it but when the song shouts, "Our God is Mighty to Save, He is Mighty to Save...." You can see that these ladies really believe it. They dance like they believe God is a forceful God. He is muscular. They flex their muscles. It reminds me of Rich Mullins, "Our God is an awesome God." He has thunder in His footsteps and lightning in His fists.

There is this sense of Godly power as over 100 young women dance on the stage at one time. They are woman. They are Christian. Come and hear them "roar" as they worship their God almighty.