Sunday

It's Over

As Easter 2007 winds down here, I am resting. I don't know about you but it was quite a week. We dined with the family Thursday. We had a "Good Friday Experience." And we worshipped well Saturday and Sunday. We celebrated with friends and family today. Now it is done. Easter 2007.

Of course I am also reflecting that it is done. That is why I am resting. Jesus we are resting, resting today. Because You said, "It is done!" I weep while I write that. Maybe because I am tired. Maybe because I am joyful. Maybe both. It is done. He is risen. He is risen indeed.

We celebrated, but not like we will. There is more where this came from. More to celebrate. More to be grateful for. More to worship Him about. There is more. And this is enough. This celebration was better then the last for us as a family. Maybe because Jesus is maturing us. Maybe because we sense He is closer. Maybe because we see the next generation beginning to appreciate the work that was finished.

So, I am glad it is over and I am looking forward to the next "big day." Every day is a big day in the kingdom, but fifty days from now we will note the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Look forward to that with us. In the mean time I pray you have enjoyed. I pray you will stay close and I pray you will look forward as the kingdom continues to come. Blessings!