Wednesday

Thus Far

Samuel had a good day with the troops. The Philistines had a bad day. The Lord thundered.

So "Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying 'Thus far has the Lord helped us.'" 1 Sam 7:12

Thus far. That is about as far as we can go. Thus far. Today. Now. And the Lord has helped us. Robert Robinson in the 1700's was in agreement with that as he penned, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

Here I raise my Ebenezer,
Hither by Thy help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.

Oh, to grace how great a debtor

Daily I’m constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, oh, take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

So tonight I am asking God to bind my wandering heart and thanking Him for helping me (us) this far. And I hope we all arrive safely home! Blessings