Friday

Psalm 103

This is a wonderful Psalm. (Not that the others are not!) Can I suggest if you have not been in the Word today, or for a while, to open it up here? David is encouraging his soul, his inmost being to praise the Lord. The Lord, who: forgives, redeems, crowns, satisfies, works righteousness, makes known His ways, is compassionate and the list goes on.

David continues writing comparatively: as high as the heavens are above the earth, as far as the east is from the west, as a father has compassion......beautiful language that creates a wonderful word picture of God. The Lord knows us.

I won't comment too much more because I think it best for you to read it and enjoy it and comment on it yourself. I will say David closes the Psalm instructing angels, mighty ones, heavenly hosts, servants, all His works and again his soul to praise the Lord. Pretty comprehensive I would say and inclusive of you and me. So today I will do that. Praise the Lord and I invite you to join me as you read, as you reflect and as you enter into the day He made. He knows you. Where you are at on a rainy day. And He loves you as His child of the covenant. Blessings