Wednesday

Life Plan 2007

Well, I finally got around to updating my life plan for 2007. To do that I had to take a look at 2006's plan. Ouch. I tend to be the kind of guy whose eyes are bigger then his stomach AND I can be a procrastinator AND I can do the easy stuff, leaving the harder undone AND I can forget the need I have for the Holy Spirit to empower me.

Having said all of that, it was a pretty good year. Some "plus marks" and some "minus marks". Of course I had a Purpose, Vision, Mission, Goals, Values and Schedule. The Vision is "poetic", the mission is "energizing" and the goals are "lofty." The shedule however and the values are where the rubber meet the road.

Values indicate what I believe. If I really believe that the word of God is living and active, I will spend time to memorize it. Does my schedule reflect that "at the end of the day"? If I really believe that I have a debt to unbelievers to share the gospel I will have time on my schedule reflect that too. If I believe I should love my wife as Christ loves the church how would my time be spent? Unloading the dishwasher perhaps?

We do what we really believe. So I find myself once again repenting for a lack of faith and asking the Holy Spirit to build me up so I can live what I believe in my head. I need it to sink to my heart and out to my actions and schedule. I want to worship Him well by a life well lived.

By the way, I sent a copy of the updated plan to my wife and my accountability partner. She will be encouraging and gentle. He will be encouraging and tough, "C'mon Schlichting get real. Live the life you were called to...and by the way I will help you as you help me!"