Wednesday

Lost on Life

Here is the deal. I am not going to throw out theories. I am not going to get allegorical. I am not even going to guess at sub plots.


I am going to say that this show makes me think like no other ever has. It makes me think about relationships, suffering, sacrifice, good, evil, the times to come and what has happened in the past.

If Lost is just a TV show to you, I think you may be missing the grander purpose and you will be disappointed in the end. All things are from God for you and He would call you to look at everything in light of relationships, suffering, sacrifice, good, evil, the times to come and what has happened. Lost has an uncanny ability to help me focus on those things in my life more then other TV shows. It dials me in.

Now my good friend KT has made a great argument that 24 is similar. I concede the point, but I do have to tip the hat to Lost in terms of looking to what is not natural. We all need that. The unnatural. Something that makes us think but does not necessarily give us answers. This life is a mystery and learning to live in it while seeking truth and resting in promises is good for our souls.

The gospel is that. Jesus was here, is here and will be here. It includes suffering and sacrifice. It is a mystery being revealed, but not fully. There is a promise that we will get off the island, but not too soon. So, I encourage you to join in to both; the mystery of Lost and the mysteriousness of the gospel.

Worship Well