Wednesday

Powerless?

Standing in front of the majesty of the ocean, I can't help but feel totally powerless. Just an endless horizon of water mirroring the endless expanse of sky seems to make my little life more than insignificant. I'm sure you've felt what I'm talking about while looking at the same view. It's a humbling sensation that God asks us to feel daily in His presence. But simultaneously we must be empowered by His mighty Spirit, to allow Him to do in us those acts that otherwise we would be powerless to perform. 


The LORD said to Moses, "When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do."
Exodus 4:20-21


But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Exodus 9:15-17

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:12-14 


Posted by Erinn Waldo