Thursday

Liturgy March 09, 2008

Call to Worship
Leader: Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters; and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

All: We are thirsty for you Lord. We are poor and hungry. We need a drink, a taste of You. Only you can satisfy.

Leader: Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

All: We have squandered your gifts on things that do not satisfy, but we want what is good. Teach us how to delight in you, Lord.


Invocation
Father come now and give us eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to love you as you have loved us, that we may worship you as you have asked us to. With truth that comes from your written word, sometimes hard to hear, but none the less, what we need. And with the Spirit who is our intercessor before the Father and is also working inside us stirring our affections and keeping our hearts soft and moldable that we might love you as you have loved us. In our precious Savior’s name, Jesus. Amen.


Confession
The psalmist testifies:
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "—and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him.