Tuesday

I don't wanna work...

Work sometimes gets in the way, doesn't it? It sometimes eats into family time. It's not always exciting. There can be crazy dynamics with the boss or other coworkers. The hours can get long, and it can get grueling. You gotta admit, when you saw that snow coming down last week, you were hoping for a day off.

I think this is why I like the show "The Office" though. Adjustment to a 9-5 job didn't come easy when I graduated college, and this show captures well the "cube job" reality. The water cooler chatter. Quirky co-workers. Meaningless meetings. It's all there--and so much like my job that it helps me laugh at the things that often annoy me.
Honestly, my job's not that bad. I'm thankful to have it, and being in sales, I actually learn quite a bit about grace...and am often humbled too. God certainly uses everything to refine us.

Romans 4 is where I've been the last week or so...Randy S has got our d-group going through the book. But the other morning I read this regarding a greater work, salvation:

"To the one who does not work, but trusts him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness"

What a beautiful reality--that the most grueling, impossible task of saving my soul was done by Christ. His job on earth was to go to the cross, and He did. And by believing that (which itself is a work of God, too), I get the salary--His righteousness.
So next time the work day is getting you beat, remember the greater job of justifying you before God has been done! I hope this encouraged you during your work day. Blessings!